‘Tis the season for the famed Pumpkin Spice Latte, made popular by Starbucks and made healthy by simply swapping some not-so-great ingredients (refined sugar, carrageenan, and “natural flavors”) with healthy, nutrient-giving ones. A plethora of healthy versions abound, but this is one of our favorites, inspired by Wellness Mama…thanks, Katie!
There are few things that offer more comfort, warmth and all the Fall feels than this delicious, easy-to-whip-up, perfectly-spiced PSL. So roll up your sweater sleeves and treat yourself to a cup of coffee-meets-pumpkin-pie.
- 1 cup of almond milk (preferably homemade, recipe here)
- 1 TBSP homemade pumpkin puree or canned
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Sprinkle each of cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/4 cup organic coffee or espresso
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Optional: organic heavy cream, whipped
- Place all ingredients in a blender or use an immersion blender to mix well
- Heat the drink for about 5 minutes on the stove.
- If you’d like, add whipped heavy cream…and don’t forget a dash of cinnamon!