You know, just because I was raised by an herbalist mother, studied nutrition, and love all things health & wellness doesn’t mean I actually like ALL healthy foods. KALE happens to just be one of those. I’m just not crazy about it. BUT, here’s a killer recipe that I am just loving these days. In case you didn’t know, KALE is a great source of fiber, promotes regular digestion, prevents constipation, and lowers blood sugar! And walnuts are awesome BRAIN FOOD. They contain melatonin which help you sleep. Below is the easiest pesto recipe you’ll love me forever for!
WALNUT KALE PESTO
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 bunch baby kale
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, add all the ingredients minus the oil.
- Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped.
- With the machine running, start adding the olive oil until it becomes smooth.
- Add a little salt & pepper to taste.
- VOILA! ENJOY!
P.S. I add some to my breakfast sandwich and the taste makes me shimmy a little 💋.