This wonderful recipe for Happy Tummy Crumble comes from Ashleigh Costa of Sage Kinesiology. Happy Tummy Crumble is very soothing to the gut and satisfying. Enjoy!
A bit about Ashleigh:
Ashleigh is a kinesiologist, co-founder of the Sugarfreesisters page and has her 200 yoga teacher training in vinyasa.
Her practice is focused on women’s health and aims to help young girls and ladies reach their highest potential. More specifically, Ashleigh hopes to work with women who are trying to conceive, women who are pregnant and women in their postpartum stage.
A bit about Kinesiology:
Kinesiology is both gentle and holistic. It incorporates elements of Chinese medicine, traditional Western medicine and Eastern wisdom. Kinesiology uses muscle monitoring to access the body’s subconscious and stored information.
Happy Tummy Crumble:
- 3 organic green apples
- 2 organic figs
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 2 organic plums
- 1/4 cup raw pecan nuts
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp stevia and monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp raw honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g cold butter or vegan butter replacement
- Heat oven to 180C
- Peel apples and chop into cubes
- Slice figs into segments and cube plums
- Place chopped fruit into an oven proof dish and scatter raspberries. Drizzle with a little honey or sweetener
- Place into oven for 20 minutes
- While the fruit bakes place dry ingredients into a food processor (I leave the almonds and pecans out.) Add cold butter and sweetener and blitz until crumbly
- Crush or gently blitz pecans and almonds
- Once fruit is lightly baked sprinkle crumble mixture on top. Option to add a little honey or rice malt on top to help it turn golden
- Place in the oven for another 20-30 minutes until lightly golden
- Wait until its cooled and serve with coconut yogurt. Its even better the next day completely cooled in the fridge
Edited by: Jessie Collins