I did it! First, I actually made latkes for Hanukkah. Then, I made them gluten free, vegan, and with sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes. Need to spread the love!
- 2 cups grated sweet potatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup Heritage Blend All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. chives
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp Oat Milk
- Avocado oil
- Apple sauce
- Vegan sour cream
- Pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, grate the sweet potato. Place in a large bowl.
- Mix in diced onions.
- Thoroughly mix in the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and chives before adding oat milk.
- Pour a generous amount of avocado oil into a pan and drop large spoonfuls of the mixture into the heated oil.
- Flatten slightly and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Place on a wire rack with paper towels underneath to drain.
- Serve with apple sauce and/or vegan sour cream.
Adapted from Mercy for Animals