I LOVE sauces! I love MAKING sauces! True story– years ago, on the day a boy and I were breaking up he asked if I’d make him my sauces and leave them in the freezer for him–yup, I LOVE making sauces!
Anyways, what I love more are making sauces that are actually healthy for you and full of flavor using good, real ingredients that won’t add extra inches to all those special places. I love it even more when people recreate them and tell me later how the recipes have helped them in one way or another. Today, I wanted something light, yet with a creamy feel and some zing💥.
COCONUT SPICED TOMATILLO SAUCE that you can make and save in the fridge and use all week. I made this sauce with some cauliflower rice, sweet potato, chicken and peas for inspiration, calling it my Coconut Spiced Tomatillo Cauliflower Rice Bowl!
- 4 tomatillos
- 1 small sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 Avocado
- 1 large cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- juice 1/2 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1tsp fresh dill
- Peel the skin off tomatillos.
- In a small pot, add tomatillos, onion, garlic & jalapeño. Cover with with water. Cook ingredients until water is about 1/2 of pot.
- Add cooked ingredients to blender. Blend.
- Add fresh cilantro, paprika, avocado, coconut milk, lime, salt & pepper.
- Blend again.
- Let it sit and thicken. Reheat in pan with any veggies or chicken!