You actually don’t need a drop of cream to make a deliciously creamy soup. Proof: This ridiculously-easy, sauté-simmer-blend-and serve soup. You ask why I’m making it in the middle of summer? Trust me, it’s damn delicious and you just start craving it out of the blue, and well of course because I’m the soup queen.
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves, garlic
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 quart vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1T turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, 2 cloves garlic, and cauliflower. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and raise the temperature of the heat to boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer until you can easily poke a fork thru cauliflower.
- Add the turmeric while simmering.
- Once cauliflower is tender, add everything to blender PLUS 2 raw cloves garlic (for the extra HEALING purposes).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm! Enjoy!